Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Memories

Since today is officially Halloween, I thought it would be appropriate to share some of my favorite memories from past years.  If you looked back at pictures and home videos of my sisters and I growing up, you'd think it was Halloween in our house everyday.  Most of my childhood memories revolve around tutus, a video camera, pretending to be someone, and being bossed around by my loving older sisters (that's what sisters do!). My aunt was known for supplying us with bags full of dress-up clothes and with a house full of girls (poor Dad) they were definitely put to good use! So naturally we always enjoyed Halloween and I still enjoy dressing up every year.  My mom made most of our costumes when we were little and as we got older she let us pick ourselves.  Our hometown was small which made it a great place for trick-or-treating and we could always count on seeing festive decorations.  Now that my sisters both have kids, it makes each holiday even better.  I can't wait until Greyson and Olivia are old enough to pick out their own costumes, but it is fun to help find costumes for them when they can't object to your choices! Our weekend was busy and very chilly, but full of fun, and I'm so glad my friend Tara was able to share it with us.  Enjoy your Halloween and I hope everyone had an awesome weekend!

Left: Tara and I this year as Wonder Woman & Quail Man
Right: Us again, sophomore year of college as a Phillies player & Barbie

Left: Olivia's first Halloween (not quite 2 months old) - too much milk instead of candy!
Right: Greyson's first Halloween as Tweedledee from Alice in Wonderland (not quite 1 and learning to walk) 

 
Left: Abbey (Lindsey's best friend), Lindsey, Elyse and I - doesn't look like we enjoyed this picture very much! I liked to cling to my mom - hence the crying bumble bee. I love that our moms made our costumes! The picture to the right is Elyse on one of her dress-up days, she was the performer of the family!

 
Left: Greyson & Olivia as Thing 1 and Thing 2 - not for Halloween, just for fun!
Right: Shayne and I at Halloween last year as Tiger & Elin Woods; post-divorce, obviously!

Top: Middle school or ninth grade? Either way we thought it would be "cool" to go as barbies.
Bottom: Alecia's makeover birthday party (a little over a week before Halloween) in elementary school

No comments:

Post a Comment