Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Movie Junkie

New York Socialite "Holly Golightly" (Audrey Hepburn) with her ever faithful "Fred Baby" in Breakfast at Tiffany's

Those of you who know me well, know I'd prefer to stay cooped up on the couch all day on Sundays with junk food and watch old classic movies. Although I am obsessed with many of the classics - Gone with the Wind, The Godfather, etc. - some of these I could watch over and over on repeat. What I really love about watching some of my old favorites is that you can see what trends in fashion have circled their way back around to our generation. But, there's something about Audrey Hepburn in a shift dress and big hat that makes you admire her and know that no one can repeat her classic beauty. I've been working on collecting every movie she's ever starred in in her career (and I'm making pretty good progress), but aside from Audrey - here's some other favorites.  Do you have any favorite movies that you could watch over and over?

Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire in "Funny Face"

Bing Crosby, Fred Astaire, Marjorie Reynolds, and Virginia Dale in "Holiday Inn"

Sassy interior designer played by Doris Day and the handsome womanizer "Rock Hudson" with their party line issues in "Pillow Talk"

Country girl "Tammy" played by Debbie Reynolds and her crush "Peter" played by Leslie Nielsen in
"Tammy and the Bachelor"

My favorite Christmas movie! "White Christmas" with Bing Crosby, Rosemary Clooney, Danny Kaye, and Vera-Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment