Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Fire Roasted Tomato Soup

Ever since I was a little kid, tomato soup has been my go-to meal with a sandwich. Classic Campbell's or homemade from Dad, it was always my first pick. The weather has been going back and forth - and can't seem to decide what season it wants to be - and we had an extra cold kick a few weeks back so I decided to make a big pot of soup to keep in the fridge throughout the week. Since I love spicy foods I was searching for a new tomato soup recipe with an extra kick. My dad has a recipe that is strictly tomato soup with an extra bite using cayenne pepper, that I usually opt to make, but I wanted something a little different. I found this one from Betty Crocker that I knew right away would be perfect. Using fire roasted tomatoes instead of regular tomatoes made this soup taste smokey and spicy. Served with gruyere grilled cheese made it the best cold weather dinner I've had in awhile.



No comments:

Post a Comment