Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Shrimp Fra Diavolo

I usually prefer to make my own tomato sauce with pasta, like in this recipe, but at my last grocery store trip I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw a display of Patsy's sauces.  If you're from New York, or like to visit the city, you've probably heard of this Italian gem.  Being a spicy food lover, I had to pick up a jar of their Fra Diavolo sauce and make one of my favorite dishes: Shrimp Fra Diavolo.  I sauteed onions and garlic for extra flavor and threw in some extra red pepper flakes to up the spice! My guidelines for this dish can be found here. Tossed with whole wheat pasta, the end result was very tasty. We're hoping to head back to the city the weekend after my birthday and Patsy's will definitely be on my list.

 After I cook the shrimp, I lay them on a paper towel to soak up any grease from the olive oil




 Top with basil!

No comments:

Post a Comment