Thursday, October 20, 2011

Gushing for Grey

We've been living in our new house since the end of January and even though everyone kept telling us, "don't rush" , "it's such a long process to get everything the way you want it", I was determined to throw all of our ideas at it, and it would be ready before I knew it!  Guess I should've listened to everyone's advice.  We're still adding pieces to every room and painting, and I'm constantly going to antique and home stores, and raiding my mother's attic, to find little pieces to put here and there.  For now, I'm sharing our bedroom with you.  My boyfriend and I easily agreed on all of our color schemes (which is pretty easy with him since I wasn't set on painting anything pink) and I really loved the way the grey turned out.  It's a great neutral color and easy to pair with different bedding and decor if you get bored of seeing the same thing.  After I saw how good it looked, I bought two Vera Wang bedding sets from Kohl's (with coupons!) - one in a burnt red/orange (pillow cases on bed now) and the other in a deep purple.  After moving what feels like a million times, I was so excited to set up our platform bed (from Overstock).  The dark espresso leather matched the grey, and I found two leather ottomans, in the same color, with storage and tray tops at Kohl's to use as night stands.  We fell in love with this bed because it has storage underneath - perfect to put all your winter/summer clothes away when the seasons change.  The pictures above our bed were taken by me on our trip to London last year and my trip to Italy in high school.  I'm sure I'll continue to add things to this room too but I thought I'd share our progress so far.
Since the weather has gotten cooler at night, I put the down comforter on our bed and sleep with the windows open. I bought our window panels from target which you can see here, but in a silver color.
    Antique Milk Glass dishes my grandmother gave me are perfect for jewelry storage

Probably my favorite piece in our room - an over sized mirror leaning against the wall is ideal for getting ready
 
Volupsa Crisp Champagne candle has a delicious scent and comes in a beautiful box & jar. Gifted from one of my best friends Joel for our housewarming.

No comments:

Post a Comment