Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Glamicure

The multicolored nail trend has been popping up everywhere - especially on blogs, and magazines. So I've been trying my hand (no pun intended) at different designs and colors, but so far seem to be stuck in changing the color of just one finger - I opt for my ring finger. After receiving a lot of compliments, I stuck with a solid color and glitter. I prefer to do my own nails as opposed to getting them done - in case I don't like the color scheme, or the polish chips in which case it's easy to touch up if you carry the color you're wearing in your bag. And for the obvious reason: it's a penny saver! Below are two examples where I chose the same concept but different colors. In the last picture, I added some stripes to my thumbs as well. I tend to wear a lot of dark colors as it gets colder and to work, so I like to use black or navy polishes (unless I have a lot of meetings then I go neutral). Bright colors are always fun if you have a special occasion coming up or if you just want to brighten your mood. I mostly stick to Sally Hansen, OPI, or Essie nail polishes because they last the longest. I especially like the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri if you're in a rush to get somewhere. I found the four pack of silver glitters in the craft section at Walmart for 99 cents, and my sister found the glitter polish with fine brushes at a dollar store in Maryland!
              Sally Hansen "Clear'd for Takeoff" topcoat, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri "Night Flight"
 For the glitter finger, I paint all the other nails and then cover the bare one in top coat and dip it into the glitter! The glitter will stay on after but I prefer to cover it with top coat to make it last longer.
 Nicole by OPI "My Lifesaver", L.A Colors Art Deco nail art
    I added the glitter stripes on my thumb after the base color dried and finished with top coat.

1 comment:

  1. What I'm thinking is... you'll have to be doing my nails! Super cute! So excited that I actually know one of the ppl behind the many blogs on my RSS Feed! haha

    ReplyDelete