Friday, October 21, 2011

Happy Friday

Happy Friday Everyone! I thought I'd part for the weekend by sharing with you some of my recent favorite things! What does everyone have planned for the weekend?  My parents are coming to DC, so we'll be busy sightseeing and eating at delicious places, like here for brunch.  My mom is also bringing some of my hidden treasures down that I picked out from our house growing up.  Two old mirrors that were my grandmother's and an antique desk/table that was in my mom's first apartment. It will serve as my new vanity in the office once I find the right mirror to go with it.  Lindsey, my oldest sister, and I will be spending today at fabric stores searching for some new material so I can reupholster two antique chairs my mom gave me.  I also want to look for some quilted white material to make stockings for my boyfriend and I - we have a banister going up the steps that will be perfect to hang them from once Christmas rolls around. Per his request, we're doing a white and silver tree theme so I thought I'd carry it throughout the whole house. All projects will be documented and I will be sure to share them with you all! Have a great weekend and come back for Monday's post!


A beautiful day in Georgetown

Some Fall favorite shoes: (from front) Gifted Steve Madden Inragee boots, Rebels ankle motorcycle boots, Aldo nude pumps, Madden Girl platform ankle booties (shown in black online, Gifted Libby Edelman pointy black flats

 I first bought this wine just because I liked the brand name - Cupcake Vineyards - but now it's a favorite.  I picked up a bottle of their "Red Velvet" red wine today at the store, and this picture shows their Riesling.


Pho Ga (Vietnamese chicken noodle soup) from Pho 14 in Columbia Heights - my favorite meal of all time! I've been here so often the past 6 months, the employees know me by name now.

No comments:

Post a Comment