Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Pie Pops

I think it's safe to say that cupcakes and cake pops have taken over the dessert world, and I was recently exposed to a new phenomenon: pie pops! I read about them on here, here and they came from here. We had a Clinton's Club bake sale this past weekend so I decided to try them out, and they ended up being a hit! They are MUCH easier than cake pops but I still have a few lessons learned:

1. Press your stick far into the dough and almost to the top of the dough piece. A few were not pressed in or up enough and the pie slid right off.

2. Make sure not to over fill them. A little spillage is okay, but if there's a lot of pie filling that overflows it burns to the pan and you may get a few pies stuck!

3. We attempted pumpkin pie filling, but it was too runny - my next try: pumpkin cream cheese filling (for a thicker consistency).

4. Warning: it's hard to consume just one!




No comments:

Post a Comment