Tuesday, April 24, 2012

DIY Table Setting



Decorating my dining room table has become a regular event in our household and any holiday or weather change is a good enough excuse for me to switch things up. Remember my Christmas setting? I wish I would've documented my Easter one but I didn't think of it until I tore it down to do this one. Shayne's mom sent me this beautiful jadeite cake stand for a graduation present - I've been on the hunt for one FOREVER and I was ecstatic when it arrived in the mail! My immediate reaction was I needed to make a cake or cupcakes to use it but I haven't had any down time to bake. So, I decided it would be best displayed in the middle of the table for everyone to see! And I love that the bright green is perfect for Spring.

Use some of your favorite books or home catalogs as an added element.


I've had this old teapot from my mom sitting in the office,
and thought it would be a good piece to put flowers in

If the cake stand has a small lip be sure to use light books and don't pile them on!

Put some favorite flowers in the teapot!

Our table is large so I had plenty of room to place two cake stands on either side.


No comments:

Post a Comment