Friday, January 20, 2012

Organization for the Weekend

On Wednesday night I posted this article by Apartment Therapy on tips to keeping your living room tidy. One of my favorite things I've come across since decorating the house - which we've lived in for a full year and I cannot believe how fast time flies - is a way to hide your TV and electronic cords. The outlet for our power strip is right in the middle of this wall but the TV and stand sit in the corner so all the cords were sitting right in the middle of the floor. I had this old Oak framed mirror from my mom that I spray painted silver, but had no idea where to put. The glass is very old and foggy so it's not exactly a well functioning mirror. I had originally read an article last year (can't remember from where) that said about leaning artwork up against your walls to cover cords so I figured it'd be the perfect spot for the mirror! I wish I would've have thought of it sooner. Next to it is a vintage water pitcher filled with hydrangeas and white branches and my magazine stand I found at Marshall's.

Here are some other articles on how to camouflage things around the house!

For Thermostats, Radiators & A/C
For Toys

For TV

For Electronics on TV stand
               - want to try this one!*
For Electronic Cords

For Medicine Cabinet

No comments:

Post a Comment