Thursday, January 26, 2012

Workouts not Working Out?

Women's Health
___________________________________________
So we're all aware or fall victim to the "new year, new you" and the "start going to the gym" resolution. But, I'm a firm believer in you have to have a plan before you dive in. Luckily Shayne is a year round gym attendee, and I haven't lost touch with my high school "athletic-ness" (yet) so it's not hard to jump in (and out and in and out and in) to the gym and get a good routine going again. For the past month I've been trying Women's Health "Total Body Transformation" which lays out a 3 month plan for working out courtesy of Extreme Makeover's Chris Powell. Thanks for the recommendation, Jerica; whom I'm hoping I can get together with soon for a guest post on workouts and healthy eating!

I love these workouts because it's a good integration of strength and conditioning in addition to cardio. Despite my scrawniness, I prefer to have a healthy mix of lifting because running, cardio or any type of speed conditioning gets monotonous thanks to my Track & Field days. And girls, don't worry - you will NOT turn into Arnold from picking up weights a few days a week! The website also provides video tutorials for some of the workouts which is ALWAYS helpful.

It doesn't look this glamorous, but Hey Chris!!!


1 comment:

  1. I'd be super motivated if Chris was my trainer ;) hahaha.

    ReplyDelete