Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sticky Fingers Bakery

When my middle sister Elyse and nephew came to the city a few weeks ago, I knew I had to take her to Sticky Fingers bakery.  After reading Skinny Bitch, she's been following a vegetarian diet and this was the perfect place to go. Specializing in "sweets and eats" this vegan restaurant, in Columbia Heights, was voted the "Best Vegan Restaurant in DC for 2011".  Shayne and I used to live in the middle of this neighborhood and frequently stopped in for cupcakes. This was the first time I tried lunch, and Elyse and I opted to split the "Chik'n Ranch Wrap" and got my nephew a chocolate love cupcake (which we ended up eating because he was too busy pretending to be Batman).  The wrap was delicious despite my doubts on the "soy nugget" replacement for chicken and as always the cupcakes never fail to impress. If you're up for trying something different, or in the need for something sweet, I would highly recommend swinging by when you're in DC!

 Chik'n Ranch Wrap: soy nuggets, lettuce, avocado, refried beans & homemade ranch dressing
 Chocolate Love Cupcake: Dairy/Lactose Free, egg-free, cholesterol-free, low in saturated fat, safe for those with egg & dairy allergies. And I personally prefer it with a big glass of milk at home!
BATMAN! in rainboots

1 comment: